Hey, Mi Fans, Redmi Note 3 Now become 1 year 3 month old approx. Many users root devices and flash latest global beta rom for better performance and feature.
So, Here is a complete guide for rooting and install TWRP on Redmi Note 3.
What is rooting?
Rooting is the process to attain privileged control (known as root access) on smartphones,tablets and other device running the android mobile operating system
Rooting an android device gives similar access to administrative (superuser) permission.
Rooting is often performed with the goal of overcoming limitation that carriers and hardware manufacturers put on some devices, Thus, Rooting gives the ability or permission to cross or alter the limitation
Advantage of rooting:-
● Support for themes, allowing everything to be visually changed from the color of the battery icon, to the boot animation that appears while the device is booting, and more.
● Full control of the kernel, which, for example, allows overclocking and underclocking the CPU and GPU.
● Full application control, including the ability to backup, restore, or batch edit applications, or to
remove bloatware that comes pre-installed on many phones.
● Custom automated system-level processes through the use of third-party applications.
● Ability to install a custom firmware(also known as a custom ROM) that allows additional levels of control on a rooted device.
Read More Here
What Is TWRP?
TWRP(Team Win Recovery Project)
This is an open-source software custom recovery image for android-based devices.It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and backup the current system, which are often unsupported by stock recovery images.It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices,although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.
Read More Here
The following is the guide on how to install TWRP Recovery and root Redmi Note 3–
●Before stepping into the installation process, make sure you have backup all your important data.
●Charge Redmi Note 3 at least 70%.
●Make sure Mi USB Drivers are installed on your PC.
●Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 3
For unlock bootloader guide Click Here
Minimal ADB amd Fastboot
ADB USB Drivers
TWRP Touch Recovery for Redmi note 3 SD
How to install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 3
Step 1: Download the above ADB zip package and extract the same to your computer using winrar or 7zip tool. You need to copy the recovery img file in the ADB extracted folder.
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging option from settings. If you’re enabling USB Debugging for the first time, then do check , Go To About Phone > Tap 7 times On MIUI Version > It shows you are now a developer > then do the above said process for enable USB debugging.
Step 3: Now you need to connect the device with PC using a standard USB cable.
Step 4: Next you have to launch the ADB drivers file & you will see Redmi Note 3 as device name, just tap on Install, to install the required ADB Drivers.
Step 5: Launch command.bat file from the ADB folder and give the first command to check whether the device is successfully connected to PC or not.
Step 6: Enter another command to reboot your device into bootloader:
adb reboot bootloader
Step 7: Now in order to flash TWRP recovery, enter the below command:
Fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
Step 8: That’s it! You have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3.
How to Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 3:
1. Download Super.zip file from the above download section and place it on your device SD card.
2. Now you need to boot the device into TWRP recovery. You can follow the below two steps to boot the device into custom recovery.
Method 1: Go to Settings > Updater app > Click On three dots > Reboot to Recovery mode.
Method 2: Power off your device and press & hold “Volume down + power” buttons.
3. Next tap on “Install” & locate the downloaded SuperSU.zip file from SD card Swipe to install and there you go!
Want to know more method of rooting Click Here
Credits:Google,Tech blogs, Wikipedia,Special thanks to @paramgagan @kartikmohan @ManurajGowda @Arsalan
[Tips] [Device Team] Complete Guide Of Rooting & Installing TWRP On Redmi Note 3
2017-06-15 02:17 AM